An Object-Based Graphical Environment for the Development of Arbitrary Networks of Conductors
View or edit three-dimensional networks of conductors for grounding, AC interference, and lightning or transient studies.
Everything You Need
Specify all objects required for analysis
- Conductors and coaxial cables.
- Multi-core and pipe-type cables.
- GIS, GIL.
- Metallic plates.
Create high-level objects in simple dialogs
- Detailed grounding grid.
- Transmission tower.
- Complete, multi-circuit transmission line.
Use a wide variety of tools to build more complicated objects from simple ones
- Fill a polygon with a mesh.
- Combine objects into one or several continuous paths.
Import data from other formats
- Import data from DXF files and from AutoCAD files.
- Exchange data between equipotential grounding studies and high-frequency studies.
- Export data back to DXF or AutoCAD files.
Use data from object database
- Use data from a comprehensive, built-in object database.
- Add your own objects to the database.
Visualization and Graphical Editing
Interact with objects graphically
- Select and move objects graphically.
- Group and replicate objects.
- Rotate and scale objects.
- Use Auto-Snap to ensure the accuracy of graphical operations.
- Configurable number of Undo levels.
Visualize your data in many different ways
- Zoom on your drawing by a factor of a million or more.
- Maintain several distinct, synchronized views of the same drawing.
- Display conductors in different colors based on their characteristics, to help identify them.
- Add background pictures to help identify elements of the network.
- Get detailed information on selected objects using the Quick-Info tool and the Measurements tool.
Data Validation and Reports
Validate the data as you go
Consult the Ambiguity Viewer to quickly find possible problems with your input data. The Ambiguity Viewer is updated in the background and can repair problems automatically.
Use the Detect Connected Components tool to check if the network conductors are properly connected.
Use the Power Tools to repair bad connections or other problems in the network.
Run the case and generate reports
- Create a Bill of Materials report from the data specified in a drawing.
- Run the engineering program directly from within the SESCAD environment.
- Start one of several SES output processing programs to visualize the results directly from within SESCAD.