SES Software 16 Known Issues
The following is a list of the main known issues that were newly discovered in SES Software Version 16, Service Pack 2.
1. Attempting to draw the circuit will cause a crash if the F21 file is corrupt or incomplete.
Workaround: Re-compute in order to generate a valid F21 file before attempting to draw.
1. Exporting to ROW with a Coating Specification on the Cross-Section will not work correctly in a foreign culture environment with a different decimal separator.
Workaround: Change the decimal separator in the desktop environment. Edit the F05 file manually to fix the wrong information. ("ROWCAD Output\RW_AttributeSetDescription.F05")
2. Loading very large kml files (polylines with on the order 1,000 nodes) can take several hours.
· Break the polyline in the original kml file into smaller parts and load separately. You can then merge the polyline coordinates in RowCAD.
· Load the file in SESCAD, which has far less strict validation, and save as HIFREQ, MALZ or MALT. Subsequently import into RowCAD. Caution: the import will still take a rather long time, so consider simplifying the imported polyline.
3. Zooming out too much on a large system can make the system disappear.
Workaround: Click on the Zoom to All button to restore the view.
1. For a multi-bundle terminal type, the default data shown in the UI for the neutral specification of bundle 2 are not properly saved to file. They do get saved once one of the fields has changed.
Workaround: Modify the default data before exiting the Edit Terminal screen.